1. Do the Dreaming Start by brainstorming with your family about your dream outdoor space. . . . Search through magazines, our Pinterest, our Houzz and the Design Style Guide. Form a collection of pictures with the elements, plants and spaces that you are drawn too. Now is a great time to look for items like plot plans, house plans, HOA requirements, etc. These items are EXTREMELY helpful to the process. Please call our office at 816.944.4033 to discuss or submit an inquiry viz our "Contact Us" form.
2. Schedule the Initial Meeting During this appointment at your home, we will get to know each other better. We’ll share more about our company and learn everything we can about your family: lifestyle, design style, needs, wants and budget. Click HERE to take a look at questions we will go over. Please feel free to print Client Questionnaire and fill out prior to our meeting. 3. Get to Know your Property This involves a site analysis: noting slopes, sun exposure, existing elements like trees, fences, utilities, current views. We’ll double check measurements and take before photos for our records.
4. Develop a Concept and Do the Final Design On large projects, several black and white rough drafts of general layouts like hardscape elements, planting beds, turf areas, or special interest areas may be needed to help the homeowners decide on a direction for the plan. Otherwise, we’ll move right into the design stage. Our designs are hand drawn, it is a thorough and well thought out process. Plans are done to 1:10 scale and the finished product is much like a piece of artwork. Check out plans in our Project Portfolio section
5. Reveal the Plan This meeting takes place at your home, at a local garden center, or at our office. We will go over all the elements of your color rendered plan along with corresponding plant and hardscape pictures for your reference. Detailed materials list will be provided, as per the design, broken out into previous determined phases based on your priorities.
6. Present an Estimate If previously requested, we will present proposals from 2-3 of our preferred landscape contractors to help you fully understand the options available to you.
7. Implement the Decision We are able to coordinate installation with our preferred landscape contractors and aid in the overseeing of your project. We enjoy being involved in the construction process to help with revisions, troubleshoot problems that may arise and make sure the install goes as designed. Additional fees may apply.